Do you live and breathe Social Media?
Our client is seeking an all star candidate that can take the lead in all aspects of the development and implementation of their social media-based communication strategies.
If you are energetic, customer focused, highly creative, strategic, collaborative, then this role might just be for you!
As a Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for promoting and protecting the company's online reputation by developing and executing media relations and public relations strategies for brand building, driving innovation, corporate promotions, internal communications and corporate communications through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and beyond.
- Lead the management and daily publishing of social voice through implementing and measuring external and internal Social Media-based communication plans
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests around brand and corporate issues
- Manage and mentor Social Content Moderator
- Collaborate with marketing and subject matter experts to determine appropriate strategies, ensuring alignment with overall internal communications strategy
- Develop and implement online communications and content development
- Oversee program execution from kick off to completion
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories through social media outlets
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Social Media programs and communicate results corporately
- Liaise with employee groups and cross-functional teams to help provide creative solutions for communicating externally
- Act as lead internal communications resource to all departments relevant to social
- Develop and manage internal/external corporate and community events in support of corporate giving strategy
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or a related discipline
- Team management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Social Media management software
- Digital buying experience preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong editorial abilities
- Demonstrated success with Social Media tools including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment
- Keen ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with employees at all levels
This position is located in Markham. Please apply now!
Please apply for this position through our Online Registration System.
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Creative Niche welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Ontario jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact Creative Niche.